Watch.and.Chat

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Black and White Pictures





When I think about events in my past, I see them in a grayish color. Maybe this is so because they are dimming away to forgetfulness, especially if they happen to someone like me who has undergone painless pregnancies (crazy doctors, they weren’t really painless!).

Yesterday’s happenings most of the times are forgotten and will only be recalled if they are being talked about or a similar incident happens again. I view them as black and white pictures.

But some of these events, even if time tries to rob them from us, leave a significant mark in our lives. They teach us noteworthy lessons and mold us into the persons we are in the present. Usually these events are those that have caused us anguish, worry, fear, and sleepless and tearful nights. Some of them are the ones that question our morality, our upbringing, our principles, and our integrity.

I have been through highs and lows and I once came up with a situation that made me want to give up my life, a few years ago. To the point that I wanted to cross a busy car-filled street and be done with it. But of course, I still have a great fear and trust in God and I calmed myself by saying, things happen for a purpose. This made me give up my plan of cutting my life short and face the responsibilities and consequences born out of the decisions I have made.

Now, I am just happy that I picked myself up and faced the challenge of survival. So far so good. The colorful trials that made me almost quit have turned into black and white pictures. They may have dimmed but they are still beautiful because they are reminders that I made it through the trials of life.

I remember a few lines from Christopher Cross’ song, Is There Something. It goes, “We had something that I’ll never forget, even if I wanted to; Cause part of me will always be with you.” Nice ending to this article.

2 comments:

  1. nice piece and the pictures are very professional. i am proud of ya.

    ReplyDelete